Supporting Long Island, New York, NYC & the Tri-State Area
The people at Lincoln Computer Services are more than expert IT consultants. We’re also caring members of the community who believe in giving back to those in need. Many of our efforts have been made through corporate contributions and employee involvement.
Giving Back to the Community
Over the years, our efforts have involved many initiatives, including:
- Mentoring high school and college students
- Providing computers and technology services to nonprofit organizations
- Participation in planning committees
- Sponsoring events
Support for Our Community
- The Ella Jewel Foundation – Based in Bethel, Connecticut, the Ella Jewel Foundation helps fund research being conducted at the Sever Chronic Neutropenia International Registry.
- Breast Cancer Awareness – Founded as the New York Cancer Hospital in 1884, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan, is a global leader for cancer treatment and research.
- Federation of Organizations – The Federation of Organizations, based out of West Babylon, New York, helps individuals and families help themselves and become productive participants in the community.
- Purple Stride Pancreatic Cancer – The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network aims to double the pancreatic cancer survival rate by 2020. PurpleStride events raise awareness about the work of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. See their Special Announcements page for more about participating in PurpleStride in New York City
- Safe Horizon – Safe Horizon began in 1975 as a pilot program in New York City’s Court System. Today, they are one of the largest organizations devoted to helping victims of crime and abuse. Their mission is to “provide support, prevent violence, and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families, and communities.”
- First Company Pink – Founded in 2010, First Company Pink is committed to raising funds to support lifesaving breast cancer research. Visit their website or like their Facebook page to learn more.
- Long Island Children’s Museum – This former airplane hanger in Garden City, New York offers activities for kids from toddlers to teens. Their programs foster independent and cooperative exploration, encourages concept development, and builds skills.
- Family Service League – Based in Huntington, NY, Family Service League is a grass roots social service agency. Presently, the organization operates fifty social service programs in more than twenty locations. Their main presence is situated primarily in Suffolk County. The staff, numbering more than 600 professionals and support personnel, provides both physical and emotional aid to Long Island’s most vulnerable citizens.
- Diabetes Research Institute Foundation – The Diabetes Research Institute Foundation (DRIF) is the organization of choice for those who are serious, passionate and committed to curing diabetes. Its mission – to provide the Diabetes Research Institute with the funding necessary to cure diabetes now – is a testament to the belief that tomorrow is not soon enough to cure those living with diabetes.
- Clark Gillies Foundation – The Clark Gillies Foundation is a non-profit corporation developed to help children who are physically, mentally, or financially challenged. The organization’s goal is to help children improve the quality of life for them and their family during difficult circumstances.
- Habitat for Humanity – Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Their mission is to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope. Lincoln Computer Services partnered with Brocade in 2013 to give back to the community by participating in the Habitat for Humanity’s Help Rebuild Louisiana program.